Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I just need insulin

So we moved in July...And moving from a different state means you need new doctors (and pretty soon if you have diabetes).

I already complained about this earlier.  IT took us a LONG time to get some health insurance...which means no seeing doctors for a LONG time...

 We finally get on medicaid ( yeah, if you are on medicaid, you can only imagine how hard it is to pay for supplies), and in order to see the doc, it takes you waiting at least 4 hours to be seen.  I don't know about you, but I don't have that kind of time.

 Not only am I busy with keeping my kiddos in order, I am almost out of insulin.  ( I couldn't go to the doc for months).  We are talking I am TYPE 1 diabetic, with an insulin pump.  If my pump accidentally turns off for an hour, I can almost end up in a hospital.

 This is bad, very bad.  I am not someone who can just control by diet and exercise ( that is not how type one is).  Not having insulin isn't something you just"deal with"...IT is dire, it is absolutely necessary, and going with out doesn't just make you feel a little sick, it could kill...and just after a few hours.

 So, why then, oh why, do they make it so hard to get?  Why do I have to go through so many hoops?  I have been insulin dependant diabetic for almost 30 years!!  Moving doesn't change anything ( except insurance).  I am still me, and still need all my meds.  What worked for me in one state, will work for me in another ( medicine wise--unless of course everyone in the state is an idiot and doesn't get the necessity of insulin).

 Please someone, I JUST NEED MY INSULIN!

 

3 comments:

  1. I'd be happy to loan you some if it comes down to that. I have novolog for my pump. I can fed ex it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont joke bout that. Just might have to go that route!...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m not joking. I really will. I believe that you are on insulin. I believe that you will use it as intended. Let me know. I really will share. You need your insulin.

    ReplyDelete